Lifegard QL-15, 15 WATT UV Sterilizer 115V/60 hz
The radiation from ultraviolet light at 2537 angstroms provided inside the Lifegard Ultraviolet Sterilizer exerts a lethal effect on micro-organisms. UV light alters genetic material within the cells, which interrupts respiration. UV light, when used properly, is extremely beneficial in destroying disease causing pathogens as they pass through the unit. UV sterilization is an effective method of disease control. Four major factors affect the percent kill of free-floating micro- organisms by UV radiation. (l) Size of organisms. (2) Radiation level. (3) The extent to which UV rays penetrate the water and (4) Contact time in which the micro-organism is exposed to the UV radiation. Pure hard quartz material in the bulb dramatically increases UV output compared to other conventional bulbs of equal wattage. Pure quartz material resists solarization and improves the longevity of the bulb. Unique test tube style pure hard quartz sleeve isolates the bulb from water contact preventing thermal shock, broken glass and mercury contamination of the aquarium. This quartz sleeve isolates the bulb to provide an optimal bulb operating temperature of 100 degree F(38 degree C). This higher bulb temperature increases UV output 35% over conventional units without sleeves. Bulb changing is the easiest in the industry. Simply slide the old bulb out and slide the new bulb in. No need to shut down the filter system or turn off the pump. Bulb and ballast connect together with a single 4 pin connector. UV radiation levels can be increased by slowing down the flow rate or increasing the total wattage in the system. UV sterilizers are available from 15 watts up to 240 watts. Tandem mounting will provide proper wattage for any installation requirement. UV sterilization is most effective when used as the final stage of the Lifegard filtration system. It must be understood that micro-organisms reproduce exponentially. The goal is to reduce the micro-organism population to an acceptable level. In certain instances, the wattage may be adequate to eliminate the pathogens flowing through the Sterilizer but the flow rate is too slow to keep up with the total micro-organism population in the aquarium system. In those cases, the flow rate and total wattage must be increased
- Splash Boot creates water resistant seal around electrical connection.
- Unique 4-pin connector design for easy bulb replacement without shutting down the system.
- UV Bulb of highest quality pure hard quartz material allows maximum UV transmission and longer bulb life. End cap wire design drops bulb further into unit for maximum output and keeps heat away from sealing area.
- 15, 25 or 40 Watt UL listed Ballast, (230V, 50Hz ballast available)
- Compression Coupling & Gasket seals quartz sleeve to cap.
- Test tube style quartz sleeve isolates UV bulb from water contact allowing it to operate at the optimum bulb temperature for maximum UV output. Highest quality pure hard quartz material allows maximum UV transmission.
- Replaceable Internal Overflow Pipe automatically vents air from chamber and directs 100% of the water flow past UV light
- Sleeve Guide guides quartz sleeve into proper position for accurate assembly.
- Replaceable Inner Protective Sleeve protects outer housing from long term UV damage. Acts as an internal reflector maximizing UV efficiency.
- Modular Construction allows simple connection to any Lifegard Modular filter system or outside canister filter.
- Solid cap features Clear View Port to allow visable light (no UV) to pass through and indicate bulb is operating.
Lifegard Ultraviolet Sterilizer ModulesÂ 115 Volt / 60Hz Part No. Model Watts Inlet Port Outlet Port Height Maint Clearance Max GPH R177080 QL-15 15 3/4"/1"FPT 3/4"/1"FPT 17" 27" Up to 240 R177250 QL-25 25 3/4"/1"FPT 3/4"/1"FPT 26 3/4" 42 3/4" Up to 760 R177300 QL-40 40 3/4"/1"FPT 3/4"/1""FPT 34 1/2" 64 1/2" Up to 1500 R177300C QL-80 80 2" Slip 2" Slip 45 1/4" 75 1/4" Up to 3000 R177300B QL-120 120 2" Slip 2" Slip 45 1/4" 75 1/4" Up to 4500 R177304A QL-160 160 2"Slip 2"Slip 45 1/4" 75 1/4" Up to 6000 R177305A QL-240 240 2"Slip 2"Slip 45 1/4" 75 1/4" Up to 9000 Replacement Bulbs Part No. Size Bulb Length Avg. Output R175229DP 15 Watt 11 1/2" 12,470 R175230DP 25 Watt 17 1/4" 15,900 R175231DP 40 Watt 31 1/2" 15,910 Lifegard Ultraviolet Sterilizer Modules